Indispensable Gantry Crane Tools
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Gantry Cranes and other Material Handling topics.
What are some other tools I will need with my gantry crane?
Gantry cranes are used to lift and position materials. There are steel gantry cranes and aluminum gantry cranes; stationary gantry cranes and portable gantry cranes. According to beacontechnology.com, if you are an industrial company in need of a gantry crane, you might also find the following tools indispensable:
- Lifting jib: a steel industrial crane designed to lift and maneuver items up to 1,000 pounds.
- Hoist trolley: designed to adjust to the width of your beam, includes locking ring to prevent trolley width from changing accidentally
- Festoon system: designed to keep power cords out of danger when using electric trolley and/or hoist
- Chain hoist: with its compact design and low headroom you can install in confined areas where you must hoist objects with your crane
- Portable lift: designed to raise and maneuver heavy items with its overhead boom and lifting platform. It saves you room because it breaks down easily so you can store it in tight spaces