Steel Gantry Crane Safety Measures
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Gantry Cranes and other Material Handling topics.
What safety measures should I take when operating a steel gantry crane?
Here are the safety measures you should take when operating a steel gantry crane, courtesy of beacontechnology.com:
- Never go over the maximum capacity printed on the top of the beam. The capacity printed includes the weight of the hoist and trolley too
- Check for damage and make sure all hardware is tight before using
- Never move or load unless both height adjustment pins are fully inserted
- Stand clear of load while loading and unloading
- Always operate crane on a level concrete or equal surface to ensure stability
- Never push crane or adjust height when loaded
- Never stand under load
- Keep clear of electrical wires or any other electrical equipment
- Make sure all operator safety labels are in place
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.